Get started with Object-Oriented Design and the Unified Modeling Language (UML). Use UML for effective communication!
Explore the fundamental concepts behind modern, object-oriented software design best practices. Learn how to work with UML to approach software development more efficiently.
In this comprehensive course, instructor Károly Nyisztor helps to familiarize you with the fundamentals of object-oriented design and analysis. He introduces each concept using simple terms, avoiding confusing jargon. He focuses on the practical application, using hands-on examples you can use for reference and practice.
Throughout the course, Károly walks you through several examples to familiarize yourself with software design and UML. Plus, he walks you through a case study to review all the steps of designing a real software system from start to finish.
- Understanding software development methodologies
- Choosing the right methodology: Waterfall vs. Agile
- Fundamental object-Orientation concepts: Abstraction, Polymorphism and more
- Collecting requirements
- Mapping requirements to technical descriptions
- Unified Modeling Language (UML)
- Use case, class, sequence, activity, and state diagrams
- Designing a Note-Taking App from scratch
You will acquire professional and technical skills together with an understanding of object-orientation principles and concepts. After completing this course, you’ll be able to understand the inner workings of object-oriented software systems. You will communicate easily and effectively with other developers using object-orientation terms and UML diagrams.Take this Course
- Software Development Methodologies
- Core Object-Orientation Concepts
- Object-Oriented Analysis and Design
- UML Basics and Fundamental Diagram Types
- Case Study: Designing a Note-Taking App from Scratch
- Ask Karoly - Student Q&A Videos
- What's Next?